Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Greenwashing King of the Hill

Bland, middle of the road, familiar, homey...

King of the Hill is far from edgy stuff but I still like it, it reminds me of people I knew growing up in Nebraska and of characteristics I see in myself and my family.

Now you know something is in the public's consciousness when it finally trickles down into mainstream entertainment, and in this last week's episode it was unreal how closely it tied into our industry. You couldn't get more red state with the characters in the show, and their perspectives on life but they tackled the hard hitting issue of corporate responsibility and greenwashing.

I'm not nearly as entertaining as the writers for the show so I'd recommend you watch it for yourself, this link will be good for at least a week: The Full Episode.

Overall I thought it was well done, it encourages us to be green but more in the vein of being responsible and using common sense. People get too caught up in being eco-friendly because its fashionable but its so much more important than that. Once you really change the way you look at what you buy and how you use what you have, being green will become a holistic way to live your life. Its not what we have that makes us happy, its how we think about it.

Thanks for reading and have a good day,
Colin A Watley
SeventhGenerationPlumbing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment