Thursday, July 2, 2009

Effectively Announcing New Communication

So, I decided to jump in head first with the social networking. Problem is I don't want to send out that lame email that says, "Hey, come sign up on this website and look at what I put there" or some such thing. Easiest way to go about it would be to add some nice image or link at the end of my emails and people that talked to me would be gently reminded, every time we talked, that I have a blog, twit, facebook page, etc...

Well, I use Gmail because its the best platform that I have used and I wasn't about to stop using it just because we now have a web site and can receive emails that way. People rave about Outlook but then you're tied to the computer or have to log in remotely, anyway, I digress.

However, in Gmail you can't easily write HTML code into the emails, what you need to do to be able to have hot links/images as part of your signature. Not that I can write code anyway, so the programs or hacks that require you to do that I can't easily manage either.

After some poking around I found a free Firefox add on that you can just cut and paste into, how nice is that!

Here is what mine looks like:



Colin A Watley
CEO Seventh Generation Plumbing

Office: 602.710.7759 Fax: 602.626.8987 Cell: 602.918.2178

Visit our website by clicking Here

Get Linked in, become friends, read our blog, and/or twit by clicking on the links below.

And then there is supposed to be images with the linkedin, facebook, etc links. Works on the Gmail but it didn't come over with the html to here.

And here it is, if you would like to use the same thing I used the second option: Social Media Stamping Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment